• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved best-practice rewrite hostname-domain to plesk login

FYI

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hey guys,

i've setup the plesk server on hostname p1.domain.tld and the login is available on p1.domain.tld:8443 by default. I'm using 2 slave servers with DNS Slave Manager as authoritive dns servers. To be able to do that, i created the domain, which i just uses for hostnames, as a domain and edited the dns zone so its works as dns authoritive zone.

What happens?
When someone gets to domain.tld or p1.domain.tld he sees a plesk default page.

Question:
  1. Whats the smartest solution to redirect domain.tld and p1.domain.tld to p1.domain.tld:8443?
  2. Is there a solution to get the login to p1.domain.tld and only rewrite domain.tld to p1.domain.tld (so entering a port isnt needed anymore)
  3. Whats the "best-practice" on that?

As long as your A records for p1 and p2 is pointing to the correct IP addresses of where you'd want it to go, then plesk login URL will work just fine and direct you wherever. I wouldn't recommend making a subdomain in the panel of p1 and p2 though, cause that could cause problems, just make the A records.

Ah damn, still a question open.

I added the A/AAAA Record and then changed the plesk url to it (p1.domain.tld which is also the hostname.

There is a LE Cert added with correct domain in it - but chrome shows insecure connection.

I tested from different devices in different networks and with devices that had no cache on these domain/ip but everything the same.

But when i do ssl check with ssllabs everything is fine...

That's going to be normal since your panel is probably still using the old certificate. You would just need to log in and tell it to reissue the certificate for the correct domain. Refer to the following article to give you some guidance:

Ahhh...no its not a old certificate...i got it...Its Not forwarding from HTTP to HTTPS :D

But at the Plesk Login URL i just can enter RFC conform domain name.

Hmmm...If its not a added domain, i would say i need to set rewrite within a vhost configuration manually for that custom plesk login domain?

Back