• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue best way to backup remotely

360webfirm

Basic Pleskian
Hello All,

I set up my server to backup to my Go Daddy Online File Folder using the FTP method. Every time I try to connect to it within Plesk, I get an error. I created a folder which was called plesk-backup and when I add this to my FTP settings in Plesk, and try to connect, it does not work. I know my FTP work OK because I can connect using filezilla.

I would like to ask you kind people, what is the best way and service to use to backup my complete server weekly or nightly?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Well take into consider to tell the comunity which error you get and perhaps you will get an answer. Usually wrong settings for the remote ftp repository like activ / pasiv, outdated curl version or outgoing traffic blocked by firewall. Did you test the curl command from Plesk Server cli?

what is the best way and service to use to backup my complete server weekly or nightly?

Do you mean backup full Plesk or the whole Server including Operating system?

Last edited:
Back