• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Big problems after upgrade 11.0.9 to 11.5.30 on 1and1 dedicated

misterm2012

New Pleskian
Hi

We just upgraded to 11.5.30 and are having big problems. Immediately after the upgrade we get:

Firstly, when we log into Plesk, go to Domains, then click "Open In Control Panel" next to a domain, after about 30 seconds, we are told the page isn't redirecting properly in Firefox. In Chrome, we are told there is a redirect loop. So we can't administer our domains.

Secondly, and more importantly. Any domains that are registered externally of 1and1 which are pointing to our 1and1 server, now only show the default plesk landing page, instead of the sites they should show. They ping to the correct IP address, and we can FTP to them fine too. We have rebooted the server several times and restarted all the services several times, with the same error.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Secondly, and more importantly. Any domains that are registered externally of 1and1 which are pointing to our 1and1 server, now only show the default plesk landing page, instead of the sites they should show. They ping to the correct IP address, and we can FTP to them fine too. We have rebooted the server several times and restarted all the services several times, with the same error.

Have you regenerated the Vhosts with

Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

Thanks a lot for the suggestions abdi

I tried reconfigure-all, didn't work.
I tried the solution in your first link, didn't work.
I can't try the solution in your second link, as I would have to get to the control panel to try that, which is one of my problems.

I did get the domains that weren't working, working again, by simply suspending, then re-activating them. It turned out that all the external domains and any domains with sub domains were affected.

I still can't get to domain control panels to do anything with them. :/

Every time I upgrade Plesk, I seem to spend at least a day trying to fix it.

hi

i upgraded today and a mixture of my domains are showing the default plesk page. I have tried suspending and re-activating them but still no joy, they are also domains within 1and1.

they start to work then stop - its a nightmare like you i have spent a day trying to fix it and i seem to be back to square one.

what did you do in the end?

Stefan sorry to hear that ...
In such cases besides a detailed investigation, usually this solves such problems ..

1. Trying to activate the domains through SSH with
Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/domain --on domain.com
2. Re-generating ALL vhosts with
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

Then restarting apache ...

If those instructions fail then an investigation would be required and that would require hands-on...

Back