• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

BIG SSL Problem, unable to assign certificate to IP for migrated customers!

ShoneA

Basic Pleskian
BIG SSL Problem, unable to assign certificate to IP for migrated customers! (CL6)

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk 10.4.4 Update #13, CloudLinux Server release 6.1, x64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE

We've been having this problem since day one on our new server. When we migrate customers to the server, their SSL certificates aren't listed in the drop-down menu for their dedicated IP's. They are listed under their account though.

ACTUAL RESULT

Only the certificates installed directly into the panel are available. Our only solution is to import their certificate to the administrator area and assign it there.

EXPECTED RESULT

We expect the SSL certificates for a domain to be able to be selected for each dedicated IP.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
--------------------------------------------------------------

- We have a similar server running CloudLinux 5 and the same version of Plesk and it does not have this issue.

- We do get a migration error related to the IP/cert but I do not have this information on hand at the moment.

Last edited:
I had this problem. The only thing I could figure to do is move all of the certificates to the "main" repository, as you have done.

We do not house any certificates in the per-domain repository, they seem to get lost in there since going to Plesk 10.

This is a problem us because we are migrating from a server with certificates stored under the client, to a server where we "have to" move them to the panel instead. Very inconvenient, especially if the problem gets fixed after we move all the certs.

This is a problem us because we are migrating from a server with certificates stored under the client, to a server where we "have to" move them to the panel instead. Very inconvenient, especially if the problem gets fixed after we move all the certs.
I agree completely. We had to re-key 7 certificates when we migrated a few weeks back. A pain, but only 7. So I'm not complaining much. Something is wrong with the SSL repositories, either we have something configured wrong (Damned if I know what) or this is a bug that needs to be reported to the dev team.

I've never actually created a brand new cert for a brand new client yet. Does that even work? I was wondering if it was purely related to my migrated sites, only because I saw an IP & Cert related error during migration for anyone with a cert.

No, I don't think so. I did just think of something. Since we assign a certificate to the IP address, if the domain is on a dedicated IP are we suck using the server repo. That is how all my clients are setup. I wonder if the per-client certificates will work/be available by using Apache with SNI support. The client would then be on an shared IP and SSL would work... Just a thought, I'm taking a stab in the dark.

Good point. It also could be what's causing the issue since that's a fairly new feature and they were mucking around with the whole thing, heheh.

Tried a brand new cert on an existing user (he was previously migrated though) and it still wont let us put certs under the user's accounts. This really sucks.

Has this been submitted to the devs or anything yet? I haven't heard a peep in regards to this issue from anyone at Parallels.

Last edited:
I have submitted corresponding request to developers on Plesk Service Team. I will keep this thread updated with results of investigation.

Has this been fixed?

I just brought up a brand new server fresh install Centos 6.2 64 bit and Plesk 10.4.4 with all the latest patches. The first site we put on the server needs a dedicated IP and SSL, it does not work! I get the same error trying to associate an SSL with the dedicated IP (Error: There is no IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in the pool.)
Trying to remove IP from the subscription, I can't even view the hosting settings now. I can't believe Plesk would release a product like this. When it works it's great but every time I go to the newest version or update a server to the newest version I get major issues like this. Please let us know when this will be fixed.

Back