• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bind Name Servers

L

Linux98

Hi,

me = Novice User

I am trying to get Plesk to recognize (bind?) my nameserver to my web site domain.

However, I am not sure how to make Plesk 1) recognize ns1.mynameserver.net, and 2) connect www.mydomain.com to ns1.mynameserver.net.

Current set up under Clients >Domains > DNS Zone:
<PTR> My Dedicated IP Address/ 24 = mydomain.com
<A> My Dedicated IP Address
<NS> ns1.mynameserver.net
<NS> ns2.mynameserver.net
Everything else is default.

Current set up under Server Asministration > IP Address Management:
<MyIPAddress> 255.255.255.255 Clients=1 Hosting=1

Current set up under Server Adminsitration > DNS Zone Template:
<NS> ns1.mynameserver.net
<NS> ns2.mynameserver.net

When I try to access the public web site from my browser I get "This web site cannot be found". I belive the domain settings are accurate at the registrar for both mydomain.com and ns1.mynameserver.net. They even ping through DNSSTUFF.COM.

Did I miss something to bind my nameserver to my Plesk server?

Thanks

I tried both.

The CNAME is set up to accept www.___.com and just ____.com. I am able to ping them, get a trace route, and see the A and NS records for the domain. In addition, the nameservers display the proper IP address on a DNS lookup. So my guess is that my problem exists at my web server.

Ultimately, I think I just need to figure out how to 1) bind my nameserver to my dedicated IP address and 2) bind my nameserver to my public web site address.

I'll just engage in a game of "guess and check" until I figure this out. Thanks

Back