• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bind SSL To IP in Postfix

MrRay

New Pleskian
Hi guys,

I would like each of my clients who have a dedicated IP address and an SSL certificate to be able to use their own domain name (and own certificate) when sending mail on ports 465 or 587. I have managed to change the default certificate used by Postfix to my own server's certificate, but I want users to use their OWN IP address and SSL certificate when sending, so this is not an option.

I have been able to update Dovecot to use a specific certificate for each IP address, but I can't seem to update Postfix. I was trying to follow these instructions but my postfix master.cf was quite different than the poster's file and I didn't succeed: http://talk.plesk.com/threads/mail-ssl.210348

I know many people will simply say "it can't be done" or "just get the users to use the shared IP address", but I know there must be some workaround to make this work, even if it means manually updating the config file after every Plesk update. I'm even prepared (if possible) to have Plesk abandon management of Postfix and have me manage it manually, if that's even an option. Anything to get this to work.

Thanks,
MrRay

Bumping this after a week in case it reaches some users who can help me but didn't see it the first time.

Thanks

Back