• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Binding Plesk to a specific IP and port combination does not work in Plesk 11.5?

King555

Regular Pleskian
In version 11 I configured my Plesk in that way that the Panel was only reachable under one specific IP (I have several on the server) and on one specific port.

For the port(s) I edited /etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d/plesk.conf and for the IP /etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d/plesk.socket.sh.

But Plesk 11.5 is now reachable on every IP and on the default port. Why? Of course I checked my edited files after updating.

For the port(s) I edited /etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d/plesk.conf and for the IP /etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d/plesk.socket.sh.

Plesk control panel uses new engine in 11.5, therefore your changes are useless now (if not harmful). You need to adapt them to archive the same behavior.

Thanks. I will undo the changes and search for the new files.

EDIT: Found it! It's much simpler than before.

Just edit ipv6_ports.inc and plesk.conf in the directory /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d

Change e.g. "listen 8443 ssl;" to "listen 1.2.3.4:12345 ssl;". Uncomment lines if you don't need e.g. non-SSL and IPv6.

Last edited:
Hi King555,
Would you mind detailing how you got this working? I'm trying to get my server to let me enter the admin panel using a spare IP on port 443 (1.2.3.4:443 or just https://1.2.3.4 for example). I would prefer to leave port 8443 working as well. I have take the steps you have in this thread and can get to my admin panel using https://1.2.3.4 but at one point when it forwards me to the SSO screen it goes to the 1.2.3.4:8443 address which I can't have due to the port being blocked by my ISP. If you could help me out I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,
Mike

Back