• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

blank page at the install_action.php page

F

fredyd

after filling the proper info on the http://sitebuilder.mydomain.com/install/install.php page (proper admin user / password in MySQL) we get a blank page at the install_action.php page.

In Addition, the following is the content of the install.log file:

[20-June-2005 4:40:9] Log of installation process
[20-June-2005 4:40:9] Create dirs...........
[20-June-2005 4:40:9] The dir "temp" is created ...Ok
[20-June-2005 4:40:9] The dir "users" is created ...Ok
[20-June-2005 4:40:9] Create config file..........

That is it!
Let us know what could be the problem.

Thanks.

I have the same error when I try to install sitebuilder fresh (after deleting the 1.1.1, because updating doesn't work either). A blank page after login.

Bart

Today I got 2 mails from SWSoft Support:

1. "It looks like PHP experienced lack of memory for viewing the pages. Please set directive memory_limit = 20M in /etc/php.ini file, restart httpd"

...and later...

2. "This problem is caused by many reasons. Perhaps PHP-XSLT and PHP-DOMXML extesions are not initialized. Please check it."

My memory_limit was OK and also the XSLT and DOMXML extensions. If this would be wrong, Sitebuilder 1.1.1 also should not work, but it does !

Now I think....maybe we all have something similar, a same package that causes the blank page, I don't know. So let's start comparing:

plesk 7.5.3 on FC2
php 4.3.11-8 + extensions from ART
mysql 4.0.24
zend 2.5.10
ImageMagick 6.2.0

What I found is that the existing database from 1.1.1 is not modified by the installation script, so on upgrading I got a "database error". If I do a clean install with new db from SB2 I have a blank page BUMP :eek:

Editing the dns does also nothing, it is not a "page not found" but a real white page. When I login with other name it stops as it should with a warn message.

When I look at the requirements page, I see "ioncube loader", but the ioncube ini was disabled in etc/php.d/ otherwise apache went down after zend installation, but is included in the php.ini below at the zend add. Also I upgraded ioncube to the latest version, without any changes.

Bart

Another reason is apache doesn't have proper permissions to create /log subdirectory and install.log file in the ../sitebuilder/ directory.

Please check owner on Sitebuilder work directory. It should be apache/apache.

Hi,

I've checked that apache apache was set (now its the dir from 1.1.1). Also: when i install 1.1.1 with remote admin from the plesk autoinstaller in the CP, apache fails to restart unless I remove the sitebuilder package. When I install 1.1.1 from command line everythings ok.

Now I will fill out the form to let the SWSoft support team figure out.

Thanks anyway

Bart

We had the same problem and got it fixed yesterday. This escpecially occurs at ev1servers, because the tomcat software claims the /admin/ directory. This is the directory that give you a blank page after trying to login to admin.

http://forum.ev1servers.net/showthread.php?p=300257#post300257

On this forum link the solution is explained. Do as said and reboot server. After we did, everything went fine :) (after 6 weeks with hazzle :confused: )

Hi,

thanks for your support, but I use FC2 and mod_webappl.
AND I am using Tomcat, so I can't diable it.

Regards,

Bart

Hello,

I have the same problem... A blank page is shown at install_action.php.
This is my install.log:

[9-August-2005 18:02:47] Log of installation process
[9-August-2005 18:02:47] Create dirs...........
[9-August-2005 18:02:47] The dir "temp" is created ...Ok
[9-August-2005 18:02:47] The dir "users" is created ...Ok
[9-August-2005 18:02:47] Create config file..........

Somebody knows how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Rodrigo

It looks like php-mysql extension is not initialized.

Originally posted by Danil Fomichev
It looks like php-mysql extension is not initialized.

Hi,

Somebody knows which extensions are necessary and were they are initialized?

Thanks,
Rodrigo

the following cleared that up for me:

rpm -Uvh php-domxml-4.3.9-3.9.i386.rpm --force

Back