1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

blank page at the install_action.php page

Discussion in 'Legacy Sitebuilder Software' started by fredyd, Jun 20, 2005.

1. fredyd

fredyd Guest

after filling the proper info on the http://sitebuilder.mydomain.com/install/install.php page (proper admin user / password in MySQL) we get a blank page at the install_action.php page.

In Addition, the following is the content of the install.log file:

[20-June-2005 4:40:9] Log of installation process
    [20-June-2005 4:40:9] Create dirs...........
    [20-June-2005 4:40:9] The dir "temp" is created ...Ok
    [20-June-2005 4:40:9] The dir "users" is created ...Ok
    [20-June-2005 4:40:9] Create config file..........

That is it!
    Let us know what could be the problem.

Thanks.

2. bartje3

bartje3 Guest

I have the same error when I try to install sitebuilder fresh (after deleting the 1.1.1, because updating doesn't work either). A blank page after login.

Bart

3. dunas

dunas Guest

The same problem. Any solution?

4. bartje3

bartje3 Guest

Today I got 2 mails from SWSoft Support:

1. "It looks like PHP experienced lack of memory for viewing the pages. Please set directive memory_limit = 20M in /etc/php.ini file, restart httpd"

...and later...

2. "This problem is caused by many reasons. Perhaps PHP-XSLT and PHP-DOMXML extesions are not initialized. Please check it."

My memory_limit was OK and also the XSLT and DOMXML extensions. If this would be wrong, Sitebuilder 1.1.1 also should not work, but it does !

Now I think....maybe we all have something similar, a same package that causes the blank page, I don't know. So let's start comparing:

plesk 7.5.3 on FC2
    php 4.3.11-8 + extensions from ART
    mysql 4.0.24
    zend 2.5.10
    ImageMagick 6.2.0

What I found is that the existing database from 1.1.1 is not modified by the installation script, so on upgrading I got a "database error". If I do a clean install with new db from SB2 I have a blank page BUMP :eek:

Editing the dns does also nothing, it is not a "page not found" but a real white page. When I login with other name it stops as it should with a warn message.

When I look at the requirements page, I see "ioncube loader", but the ioncube ini was disabled in etc/php.d/ otherwise apache went down after zend installation, but is included in the php.ini below at the zend add. Also I upgraded ioncube to the latest version, without any changes.

Bart

5. Danil Fomichev

Danil Fomichev Guest

Another reason is apache doesn't have proper permissions to create /log subdirectory and install.log file in the ../sitebuilder/ directory.

Please check owner on Sitebuilder work directory. It should be apache/apache.

6. bartje3

bartje3 Guest

Hi,

I've checked that apache apache was set (now its the dir from 1.1.1). Also: when i install 1.1.1 with remote admin from the plesk autoinstaller in the CP, apache fails to restart unless I remove the sitebuilder package. When I install 1.1.1 from command line everythings ok.

Now I will fill out the form to let the SWSoft support team figure out.

Thanks anyway

Bart

7. motiv8@

motiv8@ Guest

We had the same problem and got it fixed yesterday. This escpecially occurs at ev1servers, because the tomcat software claims the /admin/ directory. This is the directory that give you a blank page after trying to login to admin.

http://forum.ev1servers.net/showthread.php?p=300257#post300257

On this forum link the solution is explained. Do as said and reboot server. After we did, everything went fine :) (after 6 weeks with hazzle :confused: )

8. bartje3

bartje3 Guest

Hi,

thanks for your support, but I use FC2 and mod_webappl.
    AND I am using Tomcat, so I can't diable it.

Regards,

Bart

9. rodrigo@

rodrigo@ Guest

Hello,

I have the same problem... A blank page is shown at install_action.php.
    This is my install.log:

[9-August-2005 18:02:47] Log of installation process
    [9-August-2005 18:02:47] Create dirs...........
    [9-August-2005 18:02:47] The dir "temp" is created ...Ok
    [9-August-2005 18:02:47] The dir "users" is created ...Ok
    [9-August-2005 18:02:47] Create config file..........

Somebody knows how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
    Rodrigo

10. Danil Fomichev

Danil Fomichev Guest

It looks like php-mysql extension is not initialized.

11. rodrigo@

rodrigo@ Guest

Hi,

Somebody knows which extensions are necessary and were they are initialized?

Thanks,
    Rodrigo

12. zbakk

zbakk Guest

the following cleared that up for me:

rpm -Uvh php-domxml-4.3.9-3.9.i386.rpm --force