• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question block .local (invalid) emails (spam issue)

nrg

New Pleskian
My server is getting attacked with large amounts of incoming spam emails (thousands an hour!), which delays delivery of normal valid emails, and causes all sorts of issues.

All of these spam messages show the same invalid sender address in the Mail Queue: <[email protected]> (see below)

I added 3-it.local to the Black List at the Server-Wide Mail Settings page, but that won't stop these emails from coming in. Adding [email protected] to the Spam Filter Settings page (Black List tab) won't help either, while SpamAssassin is active.

Is this not working because of the invalid/unknown domain?

How can I stop this madness? I already removed these emails several times from the mail queue, but they keep coming in rapidly, see:
http://3.1m.yt/3D9z50G.jpg - mailqueue list
http://1.1m.yt/rOEhpO5.jpg - email header (notice that the IPs are different for all emails)

Any help is appreciated!

Plesk 12.0.18 update #85 on CentOS 6.6 (Final)

Hi nrg,

you don't provide informations about your used mail - server configuration, so that investigations could not be done. At the moment, we can only guess, that you may have some misconfiguration or non-standard settings, which allows "[email protected]" to send mails.
In addition you should be sure to disallow anonymous SASL connections and forbid unauthorized connections!

If you would further help, pls. consider to add your configuration files and add as well the COMPLETE part of the error - log ... not only one line!

hello,

You can block it from postfix rule in this way, add this into main.cf:

Code:
echo "header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf

create a file called "header_checks", and insert this line:

Code:
/^From:(.*)[email protected](.*)/       REJECT

save this file, and do this command:

Code:
postmap /etc/postfix/header_checks

after:

Code:
service postfix reload

that's all!

i'm sorry for delay, but i'm enter in the forum today for the first time :)

Back