• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Block user file upload

Pedro Cavaleiro

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm reselling some plans, most of them are normal shared web host plans, but I want to sell 2 plans of Wordpress hosting
I have the Auto Provisioning installed and working, disabled most of the access to the Plesk Functions but there are two things that I can not change, at least haven't found a way
I want to block any uploads by the client (through FTP or Plesk's File Manager)
As the prices are lower then the normal Shared Web Host plans is normal for some clients try to purchase the Wordpress plan and upload their own files witch I don't want.

Any ideas?

In my opinion it cannot be achieved. At least I did not find any documentation on for example removing the file manager. I thought about alternative approaches, too, but came to the conclusion that the strategy might not be good. Are you aware that there are Wordpress plugins that ask for FTP data and in Wordpress FTP credentials can be stored, too? Removing FTP capabilities from the web space will limit Wordpress capabilities, too.

But when someone has a solution I am interested ;)

Back