• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Blog and image gallery categories

TheEniGMa

New Pleskian
Hello.

In SB 4.5 a user could create categories in thir blog and image gallery pages, but I do not see this function in WBP 10.4.4.

If I add a blog module to a page in WBP 10, I can not create subpages to the page where the blog is added. I assume this is a block made by programmers, as any user-created subpages under a blog might interfer with automaticly created blog categories subpages? (the right-arrow is greyed out for pages placed under a page where a blog i added, so I can not out it as a subpage).

Is it simply a bug or will catecories in Blog and Image Gallery be added as a feature soon?

Hi TheEniGMa,

You've raised an interesting issue here with categories and inability to add sub-pages under blog-enabled pages. This was done on purpose to avoid several potential conflicts (for example, with page slugs, and so on). If you can share which user scenarios are blocked by absence of sub-pages under blog, please let us know and we'll address it.

We will be adding categories for Blog in one of the later releases. We are not currently planning to add categories for Image Gallery because you can add multiple Image Gallery modules on a page and name them, so they basically act as categories. However, if a scenario arises where special Image Gallery categories will be needed, we'll consider adding them right away.

Thank you.

Back