• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Blog Module: Wishlist

dave-ha

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

A news section is a major element of many web sites. The current blog module of WPB offers few options. I have read that Parallels is planning an advanced version. Maybe this wishlist here comes in handy:

Module/thread specific features:
- grouping/threading
...a) none
...b) by category
...c) by tag
- sorting by date: ascending or descending (default)
- feed URL(s)

Post specific features:
- option to assign (sub-)categories
- option to assign tags
- option to define a scheduled publication date+time

Blog widgets/modules:

- Post List (= a list/table with post titles):
...a) show post date (enabled by default)
...b) show first part of the post text (disabled by default)

- Categories:
...a) show as list (default)
...b) show as select box
...- option: show post counter (enabled by default)

- Tags
...b) show as a tag cloud
...c) show as a select box

- Archive (group by week/month/year)
...b) show as select box
...c) show as a calendar
...- option: show post counter (enabled by default)

Feeds:
- complying with W3C standards, i.e. in RSS/Atom format
- by blog and/or by category

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for putting your thoughts into a wishlist. We are definitely planning to improve our Blog module, however, I cannot offer any specifics at the moment. Let me know if you have more requests. Thanks!

Hello Custer,

Thanks very much for your reply. I am glad to hear that the module will be improved.

The wishlist contains many features that powerful blogs offer nowadays. The list got quite extensive and you might want to prioritise which elements make sense to be included in WPB. I will advise if more requests pop up. If my opinion could help you during the concept/design process please let me know.

I too would be very interested to see Parallels plans on improving the blog module. Have voted on the feature suggestion and definitely agree with adding an option to show publication dates and post titles that link to the full post.

Back