• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

both passwords work - what a strange changing password :)

J

japu

Hi.

I've just changed password for email account (plesk 7.5) and both of them (old one and new one) work :)

To be more precise: I can use both of them to go through POP authorization but only new one works when I want to log into admin page.

Any ideas?

I've just checked it and the problem is that there are two entries for the same account in file: /var/qmail/users/poppasswd

It seems that the new password is append instead of replace old one.

guys, do you have the same problem? I've checked it on all my machines (4) and it behaves the same way. If I change password for email account ex. 10 times, I have then 10 different but CORRECT passwords. It's crazy :)

I've just experienced this "feature". I came here to look for solutions, but doesn't look like anyone's got any ideas? This is quite crazy.

7.5.2. Guess maybe they fixed it in 7.5.3? and I see there's a 7.5.4 so maybe it been fixed there. Pretty serious bug.

Duplicate Password

I'm runnning Plesk 7.5.2 on Linux and am experiencing the same problem.

Back