1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

both passwords work - what a strange changing password :)

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by japu, Sep 8, 2005.

1. japu

japu Guest

Hi.

I've just changed password for email account (plesk 7.5) and both of them (old one and new one) work :)

To be more precise: I can use both of them to go through POP authorization but only new one works when I want to log into admin page.

Any ideas?

2. japu

japu Guest

I've just checked it and the problem is that there are two entries for the same account in file: /var/qmail/users/poppasswd

It seems that the new password is append instead of replace old one.

3. japu

japu Guest

guys, do you have the same problem? I've checked it on all my machines (4) and it behaves the same way. If I change password for email account ex. 10 times, I have then 10 different but CORRECT passwords. It's crazy :)

4. squonk@

squonk@ Guest

I've just experienced this "feature". I came here to look for solutions, but doesn't look like anyone's got any ideas? This is quite crazy.

5. zeki79

zeki79 Guest

it was a bug till 7.5.2 i think...
    whats version have you?

6. squonk@

squonk@ Guest

7.5.2. Guess maybe they fixed it in 7.5.3? and I see there's a 7.5.4 so maybe it been fixed there. Pretty serious bug.

7. ryanjbonnell

ryanjbonnell Guest

Duplicate Password

I'm runnning Plesk 7.5.2 on Linux and am experiencing the same problem.