• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bring back per-incident paid support

Could you please explain why current support scenario is not comfortable for you?

Friday, 6 pm. 800 domains on a high-end dedicated server running Plesk Web Host Edition go offline due to a configuration conflict between Plesk and a CentOS library. All self-help attempts to get the server and panel running again fail. Plesk partner's support hours: Mo-Fr 9 am - 5 pm.

=> Expected offline time: Minimum of 66 hours. Reason: a) Wait on partner to open on Monday, b) Wait on partner reading ticket, c) Wait on partner submitting their own support ticket to Plesk, d) Wait on Plesk support response, e) Partner does not understand response, because it is not their server, but ours, f) back and forth communication between Plesk, Plesk partner and us. This will take many additional hours, if not days. See this incident where another user describes the issue he had with a similar scenario at a different provider: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1552794&p=9641062#post9641062

While partner support may work for semi-professional or hobby users, it is an inacceptable, major catastrophe for professional web hosters like us. It is absolutely useless support, like playing "Whispers". Information will be lost in communication, communication will be slow, partner won't understand many of it, because nor is it his case, nor his server.

We'd be willing to pay for per-incident call-in support and do not expect this to be a free service. We did need it before, it was worth the money, and I do not understand why Plesk has established an unnecessary, artificial major service reduction. For professional web hosters it makes a big difference whether a server is offline for several days (going through Plesk partner for support tickets) or a few hours (buying per-incident support and getting an issue solved within a few hours).

Perhaps we can be of service to you. We offer Plesk Linux support and we have 10+ years Plesk experience. We offer hourly rates. Because we are based in NL our timezones are the same, so we can directly assist you.

@Peter Debik
Thank you for your valuable input. I have forwarded it to Support Team managers. As far as I know they are working now on the strategy of different support cases and improvement our support offers.

Last edited:
I occasionally used per-incident support and found it invaluable. I see the partner programs start at over $1,000 per month. That's not affordable for my small hosting business running off a VPS on Media Temple. Buying a license directly would mean I'd have to migrate all my accounts to another server with another provider. If I was to do that, I still am not clear on what support (at what cost) is offered by Plesk if you have a license. Same is true for Amazon EC2. This leaves me with "CloudTech" support from Media Temple for $199 a month. Plesk per-incident support was a great service at a great value. I'm sorry to see it go.

Sorry, have can somebody clarify for me please...

My server is provided by 1&1. Until now If I had a PLESK software problem I could create a free support ticket with Plesk. Now when I try to create a ticket it tells me to post here or contact 1&1 directly.

Is this really what I am supposed to do now?

Every ticket I have ever created have been Plesk software bugs that 1&1 would not be able to help with. Posting on these forums is hit and miss. You may get your ticket resolved or you may not. It's not acceptable for support.

What are we now supposed to do to get proper Plesk software help and why the sudden change of support policy?

I signed up for Syslint's $50 a month program and have been very happy with the support I have received so far. They are very quick to reply to my tickets and to take action on them.

We compare their support with cpanel and they are always available in urgent issues ;
I suggest plesk team to active their ticketing system because order license from any companies finally related to plesk team;
- they should consider their customer are valuable things they have .
- they should consider if they don't support their clients Datacenter will not suggest plesk to their clients;
- they should consider if they don't support clients they will use other plans in their next servers;
Thank you

I’m glad to announce that we have launched the paid support subscription.
This is a solution for known issue when partners cannot provide Plesk support to their own customers for some reasons.
Now Partners’ customers can get the support service from Plesk team directly.
This is a monthly subscription which costs $10 per month and includes free first-month service.

Next KB article describes how to purchase the support subscription: How to get support directly from Plesk?

Note: The support service is still free for those who purchased the license in Plesk online store.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see Plesk is offering per-incident support again. Is there a per-incident fee on top of the $10 a month? In other words when I have a service request am I then paying something additional? Is this a 24x7 service?

Ø The $10/m is charged per ticket created or will it remain $10/m regardless of the number of tickets?

Unlimited support included.

Ø Does this $10 allow the partners customer to access Plesk support 24/7 or only during NSK office hours?

24/7

Ø How do we manage resellers?

No changes, if the reseller is a partner, they have unlimited support on 24/7 basis. However reseller will be first level of contact for his end customer.

And is there a volume discount?
No discount. This is unlimited subscription.
In other words when I have a service request am I then paying something additional?
A service request in meaning to perform a migration/upgrade/installation/resolve not Plesk-related issue is not included to scope of the support subscription. However, we can do it as Professional Service.

I’m glad to announce that we have launched the paid support subscription.
This is a solution for known issue when partners cannot provide Plesk support to their own customers for some reasons.
Now Partners’ customers can get the support service from Plesk team directly.
This is a monthly subscription which costs $10 per month and includes free first-month service.

Next KB article describes how to purchase the support subscription: https://kb.plesk.com/en/129781

Note: The support service is still free for those who purchased the license in Plesk online store.

I have this paid support for Plesk for a few months now. Today I wanted to use it for the first time and I can't because it says my license key is incorrect. The problem is Plesk changes the licence key every couple of months so what am I to do?

I've just called the support number and after 50 minutes of being on hold the call disconnected.

How am I supposed to post a support ticket?

Last edited:
Back