• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Broken Netowrk Configuration when Adding IP Address via Plesk on Windows Server 2016

Ben Swayne

New Pleskian
TITLE:
Broken Netowrk Configuration when Adding IP Address via Plesk on Windows Server 2016
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx, Version 17.5.3 Update #4 on Windows Server 2016 (x64)
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Provisioning (Adding) a 2nd IP Address via Plesk Onyx on Windows Server 2016 resulted in not "adding" an IP but replacing the primary IP configuration entirely! This included remove the gateway and DNS entries as well.

Example: "https://samplehost.com:8443/admin/ip-address/add"

I was using an Amazon EC2 instance which by definition is a NAT'd configuration.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
The original IP was configured in Plesk with a public IP and marked as "shared" IP Type. The 2nd IP I was adding was not provided a public IP at that time and marked as dedicated.

Plesk's mishandling of adding a 2nd IP made the Amazon EC2 instance publicly inaccessible due the change in primary private IP address.

(I had to remote desktop into another EC2 instance in the same availability zone and remote desktop via the private Amazon network to the private IP of the server to repair the IP configuration and restore public accessibility.)​
ACTUAL RESULT:
Adding 2nd IP, replaces the primary IP configuration of the ethernet interface.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Adding a 2nd IP should not touch the primary ethernet interface configuration but simply add an additional IP to the existing ethernet configuration.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Perhaps this bug would not happen if I had made the original IP configured as "Dedicated IP Type" and then added the second IP as shared. I'm not sure and cannot spend my afternoon testing various orders of operations for this bug.
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Back