• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

bug? event manager problems with one event: "Domain administrator account updated"

R

revolution

nvm, not a bug. event manager problems with: "Domain administrator account updated"

i am having problems with the event manager action for "Domain administrator account updated". different problems for different plesk versions.

on fc2 with 7.5.3 the values for old domain (old_domain_name) and new domain name (old_domain_name) are the same, even when the domain name is changed. but even worse is on rhel3 with 7.5.4 the event does not get called at all for "Domain administrator account updated" (and other events work).

anyways, that's a bit painful if you are relying on the event manager to do some special apache configs and things will break if domain name is changed.

(i'm new to the event manager, so if that isn't the event that would get called when a domain name is changed, anyone should feel free to let me know.)

nevermind. i figured out that it was actually the Domain Updated event i needed to use. i determined this by looking at the action_id field of the log_actions table in the psa database. then i viewed the source of the Event Manager add an event page to view the values of the select box options to figure out which one was 17.

i thought i had RTFM. here's TFM for event manager info:

http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/Doc/plesk-7.5r-admins-guide-html/ch02s26.html

doesn't say, as far as i can see, that if one changes the domain it will call a different action besides "Domain administrator account updated" (which is where one changes the domain, in the Domain adminstrator account area). ah, well. there you go. not a bug, just a cross between documentation failure or user error, depending on how you want to look at it.

Back