• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input bug in plesk 12.3.50 permissions

Linulex

Silver Pleskian
centos 6.8
plesk 12.5.30

- create a reseller plan
- disable some permissions:
Backup and restoration of subscription data using the server storage
Backup and restoration of account data using an FTP storage
Access to Application Catalog

- assign this plan to a reseller
- log in as that reseller (not admin and "log in as..." but log out and log in with actual reseller login/password)

- create a hosting plan:
--> the reseller can select all the above, although admin didn't give permission to do so.

- upon saving there is a warning
Warning: Unable to grant the following permissions because they conflict with the reseller plan: Backup and restoration of account data using the server storage, Backup and restoration of account data using an FTP storage, Access to Application Catalog.

But:
they are selected in the plan and the plan gives an error when used and will not sync

I believe that values that are unselected by the admin should be hidden to the reseller.

regards
Jan

Yes, Reseller can see and set permission even where he does not have. But they will not apply and will be show mentioned warning message to him.
At the moment we have already submitted bugreport PPP-22570 with similar issue. I hope it will be fixed in Plesk Onyx.

I dont think you know how serious this is. Plans are simply useless and everything has to set by hand.

When creating a new subscription there comes an error:

Error: The plan was not applied: Hosting performance settings management

Upon going to that subscription and clicking "sync" it wont sync with these errors:

Property

Subscription value
Plan value Available value Affected sites
Antivirus management switched on switched off switched off linulextest.nl
Backup and restoration of subscription data using the server storage switched on switched off switched off linulextest.nl
Backup and restoration of subscription data using an FTP storage switched on switched off switched off linulextest.nl
Access to Application Catalog switched on switched off switched off linulextest.nl
Hosting performance settings management PHP settings were customized. PHP settings must be synchronized with the plan. PHP settings were customized.

when going to the subscription and clicking "customize" these values are not visible so they cant be corrected.

end result: every setting of every hosting has to be set by hand. It wont sync with the plan because of these errors and these errors are not visible so they can not be corrected. rendering service plans useless.

It worked fine in plesk 12.0.18.

regards
Jan

no, why should i ??? when was this released ??? when was this declared stable ???

I (all my clients) have this in the current version of plesk making THE CURRENT version of plesk pretty useless for it number one reason of existing: making hosting account easier to configure.

If i had a bug in plesk 12.0.18 your answer always was: try 12.5.30, this is the current version.

Now i have a problem in THE CURRENT version and your anwers is: have a look at the next, not released yet and very early beta version.

I couldn't care less about plesk onyx, i have a problem in the current, latest stable version of plesk that makes plesk almost impossible to use. Please fix it and dont point to a beta version.

https://www.plesk.com/support/plesk-lifecycle/ no plesk onyx here

regards
Jan

https://docs.plesk.com/release-notes/17.0/upgrade-notes/

"The document you are reading is for Plesk Onyx which is currently in development. The public preview is meant only to demonstrate the new features. No support for Plesk Onyx is provided until release. We do not recommend using the public preview in production."

again: why should i look at plesk onyx ????

regards
Jan

again: why should i look at plesk onyx ????
Of course, it's up to you. If you don't want - no one is forcing you.
I thought you might be interested in checking the existence of this problem in different versions.
Once again, I want to tell you that the problem is known, and the developers are working on it.

I hope it will be fixed in Plesk Onyx.

Once again, I want to tell you that the problem is known, and the developers are working on it.

You contradict yourself.
first you say it will not be fixed in this version, then you say they are working on it ... you words, not mine.

resolving a serious bug like this by fixing it in a version that is months (years?) in the future is not "working on it".

I will look at the new version when it is released, stable, and ready for production. not before that.
I am not interested in a future version, i am interested in the current version. That is what my clients pay me for, that is what i pay you for.

and fyi: i have looked at the new features, and it has so far nothing that interests me:
- github: you need shell access for that, one must be a security dimwit to give users shell access on a shared server
- dokker: all people want is a simple wordpress website that always works, mail that always arrives and no spam

People that need to use complicated things like this dont take a plesk server
Plesk is starting to have the M$ disease: adding more and more features no one is waiting for and in the features everybody wants only half work or are removed.

regards
Jan

We also have those Problems.
Why not just make a little fix?
4 Years is really much time ...
Not helpful at all, if support points us to this thread.

What support do you mean?

Thanks for your time @IgorG

It's "Extensions Certification Team (Support) <[email protected]>"

And what should I say, this thread is not usefull for two reasons:
  1. The bug is totally clear
  2. It cannot be a "feature"
  3. The discussion is really old
  4. The fix should be shippable by an update
I wouldn't care if there would be a way to fix it on my own, for example by checking whether the reseller has the given permission, but I did not find how to do so?

In my case it's not Obsidian but Plesk Onyx, Version 17.8.11 Update #88.

Back