• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

BUG in plesk

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryk

Regular Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

BUG in plesk

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Your OS versionCentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)Plesk versionVersion 18.0.51 Update #1, last updated on April 6, 2023 03:51 AM

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

The PHP service cannot be restarted because we found a syntax error in one of the files :

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting ';' or '{' in ./parallels/pool/PSA_18.0.51_11329/examiners/panel_preupgrade_checker.php on line 908
Errors parsing ./parallels/pool/PSA_18.0.51_11329/examiners/panel_preupgrade_checker.php

well, that isn't good :(

Quote Reply

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

using WAF and trying to use atomic

ACTUAL RESULT

doesn't work

EXPECTED RESULT

to work

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

while I understand the concept of filling this form out,
you should understand plesk has a bug and I told you enough for you to find it.

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

In the screenshot below, I've set the cursor on line 908 of the /root/parallels/pool/PSA_18.0.51_11329/examiners/panel_preupgrade_checker.php file.
Can you spot any differences on your server?

preupgrade.png

Last edited:
so I had support look at the file.
it is the same as yours.

HOWEVER,
the syntax error was real. it was in the log file.
it is known fact, PHP line number, etc. is not always accurate. so just because the line number was wrong, doesn't mean the error is wrong.

The provided information from the bug report does not fulfill the minimum requirements. For example "steps to reproduce" are unclear. This cannot be forwarded to developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back