• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[bug?] Invalid base path

A

Armand

Just installed a copy of Plesk 7.0.. So much nicer than 6.5! :)
All works fine except some of the file browse functions in the panel.

When I click on Server -> Services -> Skeleton
I get the following error
Invalid base path.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.Checker.php:568 psaerror(string "Invalid base path.")
1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.FileManager.php:586 checker::filepath(string "D:/sitedata/vhosts/.skel/0", string "D:\sitedata\vhosts/.skel/0", string "root")
2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.FileManager.php:744 filemanager->get_file_path(string "/")
3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.cList.php3:69 filelist->fetchfilelist()
4: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.cList.php3:86 filelist->fetchlist()
5: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\server\skeleton.php:199 filelist->init()

Something to do with the filepath using backslash and slash in the same string? (I marked it with bold in the example error)

a similar "Invalid base path." error also occures when I click Domains -> Hosting -> File Manager

It seems that permissions on folder is not set correctly.
1. login as administrator
2. launch command line
filemng root realpath "D:\sitedata\vhosts/.skel/0"
if you see an error message, please post it here

I have the identical error.

0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.Checker.php:568 psaerror(string "Invalid base path.")
1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.FileManager.php:586 checker::filepath(string "C:/inetpub/vhosts/.skel/0", string "C:\inetpub\vhosts/.skel/0", string "root")
2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.FileManager.php:744 filemanager->get_file_path(string "/")
3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.cList.php3:69 filelist->fetchfilelist()
4: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.cList.php3:86 filelist->fetchlist()
5: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\server\skeleton.php:199 filelist->init()

and identical output when entering the filemng root realpath "D:\sitedata\vhosts/.skel/0" command.
In mycase it is

filemng root realpath "c:\inetpub\vhosts/.skel/0"

But the output is the same (with the correct path).

-Alon.

User psaadm should have permissions for full access to folder vhosts\.skel (c:\Inetpub\vhosts\.skel) and its childs. Please set them using Windows explorer (My Computer ...)
I hope, some days later it will be FAQ available where most users and groups permissions will be listed.

Originally posted by shwonder
User psaadm should have permissions for full access to folder vhosts\.skel (c:\Inetpub\vhosts\.skel) and its childs. Please set them using Windows explorer (My Computer ...)
I hope, some days later it will be FAQ available where most users and groups permissions will be listed.

It does have full access, but still no luck... :(

What about children objects?
Click Advanced button and 'Replace ...'
For .skel you can replace permissions. For some other directories it is better to click on every child and check 'Allow inheritance ...' check box.

ok. Try to create value under registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSA Config\Config
name Debug
type DWORD
value 1

Then try to access once again. Look at the EventsLog and try to find messages corresponding to problem. And post them here, please.

Do you have Plesk support subscription?

I added the 'Debug' key als told like so:

regedit.jpg

I don't see extra messages appearing in the Event log though..

The only two messages which are re-occuring are from source:
"Plesk Miscellaneous Service"

Process (\Device\HarddiskVolume1\PROGRA~1\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\packagemng.exe) is SUIDed as user (Administrator)

Process (\Device\HarddiskVolume1\PROGRA~1\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng.exe) is SUIDed as user (SYSTEM)

Solution

For everyone having this issue, here is the solution:

Open regedit

Go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Plesk\PSA Config\

Right click on 'config' folder. Go to properties.

Give 'Users' group permissions to read this folder.

Hope this helps.

Back