• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Bug Report: Severe Backup Issue

iltera

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I am having a Backup problem which made my day this morning... Created a backup before going to sleep and woke up with client calls in the early morning because their sites were showing Default Plesk Homepage.
I'm really sure this is a bug, so I'm filing a bug report.

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, VERSION OF MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk Panel for Windows, 11.5.30, Update #13, Windows Server 2012 Standart

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
Creating a Custom Backup task using "Suspend domains until backup task is completed" option ends up all websites stopped at the end of the backup. No notification e-mail is sent to the address provided in "When backup task is completed, send notification email to" textbox. In panel all sites are green, when open IIS, you will see them all stopped. They all show the Plesk Default page at the en of the backup task.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Click Tools & Settings > Backup Manager and create a backup task using "Back Up" Button.
These are the exact settings before starting the Back Up task;

Add prefix to backup name: Custom
Comments: (Made no change here)
Create multivolume backup: is checked with 2047MB
Store backup in: Server repository
When backup task is completed, send notification email to: [email protected]
Back up: Server configuration and content
Suspend domains until backup task is completed: checked
Use native MS SQL backup functionality for local database servers: checked

ACTUAL RESULT
Backup task is finished without any notifications, emails and errors. All sites are showing Plesk's Default Homepage. They are all green in Plesk but in IIS they are all stopped.

EXPECTED RESULT
I should have got an email notifying me that backup is finished. Sites should be started back after their backup operation is completed (that was like that in previous versions). In Plesk, site statuses should have been shown synced with IIS. I can't understand how a site can be green in Plesk and stopped in IIS!!!

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
I just wish that you fixed that soon. Because without stopping sites during backup can result in non-complete backups and we should use that option.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you!

Thank you for detailed report. I have forwarded it to developers (RT #1710516 for your reference). They will try to reproduce and investigate it.

Back