• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bug - Resellers can set any disk quota they want

S

SupermanInNY

Hard limits on quota is not enforced!

If you allow a reseller to create a domain,. you are out luck.

While you can set Limits in the User Account,. if the user decides to change the limits in the Physical Domain Setup, the limits will change to whatever they want.

So,. in effect, the users have the option to do whatever they want.

Is that a bug?
I would think it is,. and a serious one.
What do you think?

-Alon.

As far as I know it's not a bug.

Clinet's(domains) disk space limit is a virtual plesk value and in case it is exceeded, plesk sends notifications to admin and client.

Hard disk quota value is a system values which is set up for certain system user (ftp/fp user) and cannot be exceeded.

Ok.. I explored this issue further and got both the response of Plesk and actually of other control panels.

My understanding is that Windows 2000 had a very buggy Quota system.

Winodws 2003 has overcome all the obstacles and debugged all those issues.
However, many (almost all) control panel makers didn't develope for the 2003 version and don't tap to the Windows Quota system inherit in the OS.

Therefore,. any chance to see this incorporated will only happen in a very late Plesk version, perhaps version 8.x

BTW,. even Ensim, Helm and H-Sphere have the same problem. I checked with all the vendors about this.
I did find a cp that claim it was designed with hard limits in place and they do enforce it. I have not tested that cp so I can't say if it is a mature system yet.

-Alon.

Back