• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

BUG - WARNING: Client with login xxxxxx has same e-mail address as admin

Silver Pleskian
I have tried even abuse@ and postmaster@ and it refuses complaining the address is in use. I believe the 'already in use' simply means the address even as a mail account exists on the server. The only addresses that I can get to take is either a non existent email address belonging to any domain on the server, or a valid email that is not hosted on the server.

In my case I don't have any clients. There is only 1 user on the system, the admin housing our domains.

I can understand as per the KB, it wants a unique address different for the admin from anything else, but surely an unused address on any domain suits this requirement. I searched through the PSA database and the addresses I tested purely only exist as email addresses, not assigned anywhere else.

I even tried creating a new email address of admin@domain only to have it refused as available. However once the address is removed from the system, I can use admin@domain.

I don't think this is proper functioning, unless it's pure purpose is to force the admin to have an address external to the server, in which case the KB needs to be changed to express this, or simply add a checkbox allowing you to allow a hosted email address as the administrator.

Last edited:
Hi,

Which version is this? I agree that this is a completely ridiculous situation but I'm failing to replicate on my 10.4 install (which is odd because I recall during the update it taking a fit and warning me I was going to break the internet and I just ignored it). Also on my 10.4 install the root cause of this control panel access for email accounts appears to have been removed.

Paul

Hi Paul,

It's the current 10.4 update that seems to be 10.4.4 according to the CP. also why can't you have a duplicate email address anyway if your the system admin you should be able to do anything you want.

Also if you did see the email address warning and you ignored it you are affected, try changing the admin details, it fails as the email address is in use.

I suggest a tick box allowing you to use an email address 'on the server' which it seems to hate.

Back