• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bug with AtMail

Alexey_Shpak

Basic Pleskian
Hello.

We upgrade to 10.4.4

Some interesting bug with AtMail:

If User throw Plesk Panel create an e-mail, such as [email protected], [email protected]
and other, which has capital letter, In Panel User can saw this e-mail, but if user wants to enter throw WebMail - AtMail display error - "Server Response: -ERR login failed"

If I saw AtMail database i can't see email which start or contain capital letter.

Sorry for my English.

Best Regards,
Shpak Alexey

Unforunatelly I have the same issue, for the moment I have no solution, I try to fix it :-(

Same issue - more info

I realize this thread is several months old but I am hopeful that someone knowledgable will read this and direct me to a solution.

I too have noticed this idiosyncrasy. To feel my way around the parameters of the issue I created two accounts, [email protected] and [email protected]. Both accounts can be setup in an email client with no issues as long as the case entered in the username field of the client config matches what was setup on the server originally. Mail is received by both accounts with no case sensitivity in the address. Either address may be entered with all caps, all lower case or any combination and mail will arrive with no issues.

Logging into Atmail webmail does not work for [email protected] at all. Even if I enter the username with exactly the same case as the original setup on the server [email protected] will not log in to webmail. What throws me though is that [email protected] can log in to Atmail webmail regardless of the case of the username even if it's all caps.

My problem of couse is that I have several usernames that were originally setup with capital letters in them. Folks with such usernames are effectively shut out from Atmail webmail unless I delete their accounts and recreate them with all lower case, which means I have to migrate their email AND setup their clients again. That is a VERY irritating prospect.

An answer if not a solution

Apparently what is happening here is that the Atmail web interface always coverts the username to lower case before comparing it to the username on file. This means if your username was originally configured on the serve in lower case, it does not matter what case you use on the web login. It also means that if your username was originally configured on the server with ANY uppercase letters the Atmail login can never send the correct username no matter how you type it. I suppose the makers of Atmail do not trust that users can employ the shift key properly. It's a little aggravating and frankly I believe the logic, while perhaps well intended, is flawed.

Back