• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Bulk change main FTP account passwords

Steve Tozer

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

Wondering if anyone can help, Im looking to mass change all the main ftp account passwords for all the domains. To a preset one.

Have tried using the "Plesk Mass Password Reset Script" but you don't seem to be able to do this via the script only if you want a random password.

Wondering if anyone has magic mysql command to do this.

Have looked around the forum and was unable to find anything.

Thanks

If you know all the ftp userids you can use the command line interface. Safer than messing with the configuration database.

https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/onyx/c.../ftpsubaccount-additional-ftp-accounts.64417/

e.g. plesk bin ftpsubaccount --update JohnDoe -passwd newpass

It would be trivial to write a scritp to repeat that for multiple userids.

Similar command available for Windows.
Hello

Thanks for the reply, I don't have all the account usernames as there are over 150 domains on the server :) was looking to change just all the main domain ftp account passwords to the same, was thinking the database would be the only way to go for this

Thanks

Steve

I think I'd still prefer to use the command line. Assuming you're on Linux, how about...

plesk bin subscription -l|while read SUB
> do
> plesk bin subscription --update $SUB -passwd MyNewPassword
> done

Back