• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Bulk DNS TTL Update

Jayson

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I'm looking for the proper method for updating all zone files TTL in preparation for a server move/IP change. I see some old stuff and windows stuff and I just want to make sure Plesk 10.4.x on Centos has the same details.

UPDATE dns_recs SET val="900" WHERE type="SOA" AND host="TTL" and rebuild domain zones with "%plesk_bin%\dnsmng" update *

Thank you for any help,

Hello,

Yes, I did and was able to update mysql to the proper ttl. However, running

mysql -Ns -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -D psa -e 'select name from dns_zone' | awk '{print "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/dnsmng update " $1 }' | sh

Gives the following errors and does not update the soa_ttl

dnsmng: Some parameters in command string are left unprocessed. Check parameters please.

Changing the command line to --update means it runs without error, but the zones never update.

The KB says, mysql> INSERT INTO misc VALUES ('SOA_TTL','86400'); however I have soa_ttl in the misc table already. If I run this, it adds a new SOA_TTL. Having it or not, makes no difference. Perhaps there is another soa record that also needs to be udpated? I have the following,

soa_expire | 604800
soa_expire_unit | 86400
soa_minimum | 10800
soa_minimum_unit | 3600
soa_refresh | 10800
soa_refresh_unit | 3600
soa_retry | 3600
soa_retry_unit | 3600
soa_serial_format | UNIXTIMESTAMP
soa_ttl | 43200
soa_ttl_unit | 86400

Thank you for your help,