• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bulk DNS TTL Update

Jayson

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I'm looking for the proper method for updating all zone files TTL in preparation for a server move/IP change. I see some old stuff and windows stuff and I just want to make sure Plesk 10.4.x on Centos has the same details.

UPDATE dns_recs SET val="900" WHERE type="SOA" AND host="TTL" and rebuild domain zones with "%plesk_bin%\dnsmng" update *

Thank you for any help,

Hello,

Yes, I did and was able to update mysql to the proper ttl. However, running

mysql -Ns -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -D psa -e 'select name from dns_zone' | awk '{print "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/dnsmng update " $1 }' | sh

Gives the following errors and does not update the soa_ttl

dnsmng: Some parameters in command string are left unprocessed. Check parameters please.

Changing the command line to --update means it runs without error, but the zones never update.

The KB says, mysql> INSERT INTO misc VALUES ('SOA_TTL','86400'); however I have soa_ttl in the misc table already. If I run this, it adds a new SOA_TTL. Having it or not, makes no difference. Perhaps there is another soa record that also needs to be udpated? I have the following,

soa_expire | 604800
soa_expire_unit | 86400
soa_minimum | 10800
soa_minimum_unit | 3600
soa_refresh | 10800
soa_refresh_unit | 3600
soa_retry | 3600
soa_retry_unit | 3600
soa_serial_format | UNIXTIMESTAMP
soa_ttl | 43200
soa_ttl_unit | 86400

Thank you for your help,