• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Business Manager mail only account and Store hosting items

T

turvak

Hi,
Im trying to set up a plan in the business and customer manager that only provisions a mail account and not hosting. YOu can do this when creating a plan through the plesk panel but there is no property for this in the plan creation settings through business manager. Can this be done? I need to basically provision the email accounts for the customer but not the pysical hosting as the website created for the user is as an alias on a MASTER account running multiple portal on a .NET application.

Secondly when creating a hosting plan that is available on the online store can I determine what feartures are displayed i.e currently is displays the MySQL databases, hard disk size etc. I want to remove some items and add others.

Thanks,
and let me know if this should be in the plesk billing section - I might post this there also so delete this if it is misplaced.

Im trying to set up a plan in the business and customer manager that only provisions a mail account and not hosting. YOu can do this when creating a plan through the plesk panel but there is no property for this in the plan creation settings through business manager. Can this be done? I need to basically provision the email accounts for the customer but not the pysical hosting as the website created for the user is as an alias on a MASTER account running multiple portal on a .NET application.
As I understand, you are talking about creation of service user inside some subscription. In this case you do not create hosting but you can create mailbox associated with user and you can give him access to applications installed inside the subscription. Correct me if I'm mistaken - in this case provide me with actual steps.
If I'm right then unfortunately Customer and Business Manager doesn't handle such case - it's designed to provision hosting subscriptions.

Secondly when creating a hosting plan that is available on the online store can I determine what feartures are displayed i.e currently is displays the MySQL databases, hard disk size etc. I want to remove some items and add others.
Complete guide about customization of online store has not been published yet. But you can try to modify the following files manually:
/opt/plesk-billing/store/apps/frontend/modules/catalog/config/module.yml - this is a configuration file how to represent plan properties defined in Business Manager (you can comment out items you do not want to show)
/opt/plesk-billing/store/apps/frontend/modules/catalog/templates/_landingTemplateColumn.php - this is a HTML template how to render column representation of online store storefront (you can add some HTML to render new items)

Please pay attention that these files will be overwritten after the upgrade of application

What Im trying to do is offer a website service. The user signs up to a subscription, can purchase a domain. One it is accepted we create a "portal" on a CMS application and alias their domain to that. That is why i was wondering how to make a plan that does not assign DNS but does offer email. Tricky I know. Easiest would be somehow to offer a plan that is ONLY email and not webspace. Can this be done?

I tried to comment out parts of the YML file but it had no affect on the store display. Do i need to re-parse the file somehow. I changed the plan and nothing happened.

Also I need to edit what is displayed for multiple plans. Basically make a custom HTML page - I dont need to worry about the comparison thing. How can I do that?

To apply changes to YML files remove caches:
On Windows - %plesk_dir%\billing\store\cache
On Linux - /opt/plesk-billing/store/cache

What about selling e-mail hosting without webspace - unfortunately it's impossible in CBM now. I'll create a feature request to add this option.
You can try to sell hosting via CBM, then catch event about created hosting and change it's type to "No hosting" to provide e-mail only. Please find info about event manager here: http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...US/online/plesk-administrator-guide/59205.htm

Last edited:
Hi EugeneL,
This is an old post...but it's the closest thing I could find to what I'm looking for. I hope you can help with this:

Under Business Setup > Plans > Properties > Custom properties
The section says: Use custom properties to set extra subscription properties that are not related to panels. Say, you can add a custom property reflecting a number of free support tickets available to subscribers of the plan.
------------------------------------------------------------

How do we make these Custom Properties show up in Online Stores view?
Is there a setting that can be added to the module.yml file to make the custom properties show up?

Any help you can provide is Greatly Appreciated!

Back