• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

'buy pictures' logo

F

flupke

SB v4 has that logo to sell pictures to our customers. Same issue again as with plesk, how can we remove that stuff.

As I know in incoming Plesk 8.2 this logo could be removed. It will depend on license key. For more information related to this question (for Sitebuilder and Plesk) you should contact with your sales representative.

following sales representative there is not such feature available to remove the 'buy picture' button in sitebuilder

I can't believe they are making the same mistakes they did in Plesk.

Agreed, I also want to remove the 'buy pictures' logo, or at least be able to customise the link to a partner of my choice!

Jo @ Teckna

Not only do they get us to pay to bug test their software then have to pay to get support. Then they want to sell products to our customers with out our choice or knowledge. Not to mention their branding all over their software which our reseller clients hate. We want clean software with out logos and reselling.

There is no built-in way to disable the SWsoft logos and artwork in our products UI. However, you can modify any skin and remove the links to prevent users occasionally navigating to our sites. Please contact your sales representative for details.
As for buying pictures link, you should contact with sales representative for more information.

# script to eliminate SWsoft branding
SKINS="AquaCompact LonghornAero LonghornBlackLonghornYellow PleskBlue PleskClassicSilver PleskNature PleskReflections PleskSea PleskSilver PleskViolet WinXPBlue WinXPOlivegreen WinXPReloadedCompact WinXPSilver"

for skin in ${SKINS}
do
if [ ! -r htdocs/skins/$skin/images/powered_by_virtuozzo-dist.gif ]
then
mv htdocs/skins/$skin/images/powered_by_virtuozzo.gif htdocs/skins/$skin/images/powered_by_virtuozzo-dist.gif
cp htdocs/skins/$skin/images/blank.gif htdocs/skins/$skin/images/powered_by_virtuozzo.gif
fi

# edit the style sheet, remove copyright branding
ed htdocs/skins/$skin/style.css <<EOF
/.sb-header-copyright
+
a
display: none;
/.sb-leftmenu-copyright
+
a
display: none;
wq
EOF

done

# remove the Buy Pictures link in wizard
perl -pi -e 's/.sb-wizard-content-settings-buy { /.sb-wizard-content-settings-buy { display: none; /' htdocs/skins/common.css

I literally just wrote it and tested it. Note that you need to first do a:

cd /usr/local/sitebuilder

before running it.

Achtung!

Guys, please note that removing the SWsoft branding violates the EULA.

It is possible to get a whitelabeling permission; but that's a subject of a separate contract. Please contact your sales representative for the details.

Please also note that this has nothing to do with "Buy Pictures" link - it could be disabled; however that requires updating the license key file, so contact your sales repesentative for that.

In case your sales representative can't help you right away tell them to get in touch with Sitebuilder Product Manager.

Back