• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

CageFS, CloudLinux PHP selector and Plesk 12.5 PHP selector

xyptilon

Basic Pleskian
Using CageFS, CentOS 7, CloudLinux 7 and Plesk 12.5. Both PHP selectors are confusing. Which takes precedence and how can I disable either of them so that end-users can only change relevant settings?

Sincerely,
- Wouter van der Schagt

I prefer the Plesk PHP versions. To do this just don't install the alt-php's via CloudLinux. Make the CloudLinux PHP selector hidden via "Tools & Settings" > "Custom Buttons", then just install Plesk PHP versions :)

I prefer the Plesk PHP versions. To do this just don't install the alt-php's via CloudLinux. Make the CloudLinux PHP selector hidden via "Tools & Settings" > "Custom Buttons", then just install Plesk PHP versions :)

Chris,

Finally made the jump to 12.5 :)

How do you not "install the alt-php's via CloudLinux" ? What if they are already installed?

I still want the protection of CL, but do not care for their PHP selector.

Chris,

Finally made the jump to 12.5 :)

How do you not "install the alt-php's via CloudLinux" ? What if they are already installed?

I still want the protection of CL, but do not care for their PHP selector.

Yep same here :)

You can just not install the alt php's but if they are already installed then run the following:

Code:
yum groupremove alt-php

Hide the PHP selector menu item from the custom buttons section and then just install your required PHP versions via the Plesk installer.

Oh ok that's strange. I can certainly select Plesk PHP versions with CageFS active.

Are you using CloudLinux 7.1?

I remember having to add the PHP session directory to the accessible directory list under CageFS though.

On the CL Php selector, what do you have selected?

UPDATE:

Just tested and if I set the CL Selector to native, then The Plesk selector is honored.
So you can have all the alt-* versions installed, but select native for all accounts in CageFS and the Plesk selector is what gets used.

And like Chris said, hide the custom CL PHP button so users cannot change this.

The only PHP version available to the CL selector is the native php 5.4.

..but I have hidden the selector tool as it is not required.

However I have 5.4, 5.5, 5.6 & 7 available to clients via the Plesk PHP settings.

To allow CageFS users access to the php session folder, see the below recommendation from CloudLinux directly:

"add line @/var/lib/php/session,777 to /etc/cagefs/cagefs.mp and run $ cagefsctl --remount-all"

To allow CageFS users access to the php session folder, see the below recommendation from CloudLinux directly:

"add line @/var/lib/php/session,777 to /etc/cagefs/cagefs.mp and run $ cagefsctl --remount-all"

Why would I care about giving CageFS users access to session folder?

Back