• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Hello, I would like to login to my Plesk, however there is a problem that I cannot determine.

dakrueger

New Pleskian
Hello Everyone,

I appreciate the time you are taking to read this and hope you help with our Plesk Server.

Context:
System:
Linux CentOS 6.6, Plesk 12.0, PHP 5.4., MySQL

Until the end of 2023 we had a programmer who managed our Plesk server and took care of it, it has sadly not been maintained properly these last 8 months and I require some help with fixing the issue. Once I have fixed the issue and gained access to the server, I plan to back it up and relocate it to a service that will help me manage it.

The issue:

I have access to the login interface of the Plesk server, however once I login I am given an error message:

The file /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/application.php is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.

I have done some cursory research into the topic and accessed the server via the console ( I sadly cannot access the SSH, it seems the port is wrong(22) or it has been disabled)

Through the console I have found out two factors that may be causing the issue:

1. It informs me that my Plesk license is out of date and I need to renew it, sadly I do not know how to proceed here, as a our original license key is lost and I do not know where to purchase such an old key.

2. When I check for the stored data, it shows me 4gb/4gb 100% occupied, which is strange in general because

a. We have 1 TB disk ( hardware has been checked by Ionos, there is no issue )

b. Upon deleting any files within the 4gb, it still shows 4gb/4gb

c. I can still view the 1 Tb disk using other prompts.

Thank you in advance for any help rendered.

Unfortunately
  • without a valid license key,
  • with an ancient Plesk version,
  • an operating system that is also very old and outdated,
  • without SSH access
there is no way to fix this.

You should setup a new server with an up-to-date operating system and a new Plesk, then migrate your websites and mailboxes separately to that new machine. I doubt that a direct migration from Plesk 12.x to the latest 18.0.54 can succeed (for example using Plesk Migrator or Backup/Restore). I started off with Plesk 12 in 2015, but on CentOS 7.x already, and meanwhile so many things have changed that with the old OS and old Plesk it is probably better to use the free "Website Import" extension to migrate websites from your system or actually simply download/upload content to the latest version.

Unfortunately
  • without a valid license key,
  • with an ancient Plesk version,
  • an operating system that is also very old and outdated,
  • without SSH access
there is no way to fix this.

You should setup a new server with an up-to-date operating system and a new Plesk, then migrate your websites and mailboxes separately to that new machine. I doubt that a direct migration from Plesk 12.x to the latest 18.0.54 can succeed (for example using Plesk Migrator or Backup/Restore). I started off with Plesk 12 in 2015, but on CentOS 7.x already, and meanwhile so many things have changed that with the old OS and old Plesk it is probably better to use the free "Website Import" extension to migrate websites from your system or actually simply download/upload content to the latest version.
Thank you for the thorough reply Peter.

It seems I must shut down the Server for now and set up my domain and Email using a service provider.

I will look into contacting a company who might be able to help me update it in the near future and make sure that I have proper access to those files.

I do have a back up of the server at hand, but am not sure how complete it is.

Back