• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can i enable both atmail and horde for one domain??

BarryD

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I am relative new in managing my plesk enabled server and i have a couple off questions concerning webmail/mail.

1/ Is it possible to enable both atmail and horde as webmail? One user likes atmail the other horde. How should the settings be in Plesk 9.2.1??

2/ The user likes to use webmail the same way he uses gmail, so he doesn't retrieve the emails with his mail program :(. What opions do i have to enable this service?

3/Best way to configure outlook so it's in sync with horde? By which i mean in horde an user makes subfolders which will be auto created in outlook as well???

Any info tips are very welcome,
Regards,
Barry

I too want to know if this is possible.

Question - Can i enable both atmail and horde for one domain??

3/Best way to configure outlook so it's in sync with horde? By which i mean in horde an user makes subfolders which will be auto created in outlook as well???

i think this can be done with imap

Hi all,

I am relative new in managing my plesk enabled server and i have a couple off questions concerning webmail/mail.

1/ Is it possible to enable both atmail and horde as webmail? One user likes atmail the other horde. How should the settings be in Plesk 9.2.1??

2/ The user likes to use webmail the same way he uses gmail, so he doesn't retrieve the emails with his mail program :(. What opions do i have to enable this service?

Any info tips are very welcome,
Regards,
Barry

1) Actually there is no supported way to turn on both webmail solutions on domain.
However as a workaround, which will require additional tuning you may create a subdomain and install second webmail as usual web application there, but you will need to configure it manually to get it synchronized with mail server.

2)I suppose that by 'retrieve' you mean downloading messages to local workstation. That is actually default behavior of POP3 mail server. However you may use IMAP instead, so all messages will reside on server.

3)If Horde is anbaled on domain where IMAP is used (so folders are created on server but not on local computer) it should be automatically displayed on either of mail clients. If you are using POP3 mail server - unfortunately that will not allow you to sync mail folders.

Back