• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Can I install Plesk on an existing AWS instance?

bobster

New Pleskian
Hi,

Hope someone can help as no docs say we can do the following.

1. Can I install Plesk on an existing AWS instance?

2.How do I find out what version of plesk I should install based on the setup of the instance in AWS.

Just to be clear, I cannot create a new instance and install plesk and then move the setup we have to that new one - 100% cannot do this so please please don't start by saying that's what I should be doing. Just a yes or no on the first question and we can get on with it.
Thanks,
Bob

1. Yes, you can as long as the OS is supported and there's not conflicts.

2. You'll want to install obsidian (v18)

If your existing AWS instance is a regular Linux server that meets Plesk Software and Hardware requirements, then I don't understand why you can't install Plesk Obsidian on it?

Hi John and IgorG,
Wow, that is great news! Thanks for the help and advice about installing plesk on aws. I'll get on it today.
We also just got a call back from Plesk HQ and they were very helpful too. What a refreshingly pleasant experience - great advice and great customer service.

Have a good day all.
Bob

Back