1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Can I set up access to all domains to be conducted via SSL encrypted FTP?

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Issue, Fixes, How-To' started by rick.pri, Aug 27, 2010.

1. rick.pri

rick.pri Guest

I don't really understand the setup, or requirements, of this particular function of Plesk.

I want to access all accounts via FTP/SSL
    What port is this done through? (Port 990?)
    Can I use the Plesk default certificate for securing the SSL connections?

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.5-administrators-guide/59410.htm

3. rick.pri

rick.pri Guest

Ah, thank you Igor, helpful as always in pointing in the right direction. (No IIS7/7.5 support currently, maybe version 10 then.)

The way that I read it, you can't have a shared IP address providing SSL for FTP connections. Is this just the way that plesk works or is it more fundamental than that? I can't see even Google having dedicated IP addresses for every single SSL connection for Gmail, search and authentication for every user that connects.