• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can I set up access to all domains to be conducted via SSL encrypted FTP?

R

rick.pri

I don't really understand the setup, or requirements, of this particular function of Plesk.

I want to access all accounts via FTP/SSL
What port is this done through? (Port 990?)
Can I use the Plesk default certificate for securing the SSL connections?

http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.5-administrators-guide/59410.htm

If your server is running Windows operating system, select the FTP over SSL check box if you want to enable the ability to use secure FTP connection (FTP over SSL) for the domain on an exclusive IP address.

Note. To enable secure FTP connection, the FTP server installed on your Parallels Plesk Panel server must support FTP over SSL.Currently, only Gene6 and Serv-U FTP servers support FTP over SSL.

Ah, thank you Igor, helpful as always in pointing in the right direction. (No IIS7/7.5 support currently, maybe version 10 then.)

The way that I read it, you can't have a shared IP address providing SSL for FTP connections. Is this just the way that plesk works or is it more fundamental than that? I can't see even Google having dedicated IP addresses for every single SSL connection for Gmail, search and authentication for every user that connects.

Back