• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Can I use Plesk as mail server?

NicolasP.

Regular Pleskian
Hello.

Is it possible to use Plesk as mail server as we use google's mx records?

For example:
I have a domain domain.com that points to ns1.other.com and ns2.other.com (other is another hosting company)
It also has mx records mail.domain.com with ip 100.100.100.100 (ip from the other server)

I want to manage all email addresses in my server. So, If I add an A Record for mail.domain.com to IP 200.200.200.200 (ip from my server), will it work?

Hope you understand my question.

Thank you!

Hi NicolasP,

pls. have a closer look at the official Plesk documentation:

=> Using External Mail Servers (such as Gmail)

As you can see, the usage of an external mail - server requires to switch of the local mail service and all you mails will be handled by your external mail - server, which as well means, that you certainly have to setup the corresponding eMail - accounts on your external mail - server and not over Plesk.​

Hi.

I did not mean that.
I want Plesk to become mail server for domains that are outside my server.

If someone wants to use google business email, he only puts google's mx records. If he wants to use my email server, does he need to put my mx records?

Hi NicolasP,

pls. have a closer look at the official Plesk documentation:

=> Using External Mail Servers (such as Gmail)

As you can see, the usage of an external mail - server requires to switch of the local mail service and all you mails will be handled by your external mail - server, which as well means, that you certainly have to setup the corresponding eMail - accounts on your external mail - server and not over Plesk.​

Hi.

I did not mean that.
I want Plesk to become mail server for domains that are outside my server.

If someone wants to use google business email, he only puts google's mx records. If he wants to use my email server, does he need to put my mx records?

Add your domain in Plesk, and copy the DNS records displayed in DNS Settings related to email routing : MX , SPF and DMARC . Make sure a A record exist for the MX server you will set .

Back