• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can not connect to SQL server

mgreen

New Pleskian
My Plesk 11.5 server will not connect to my SQL 2008 server. It runs on a Windows 2008 server. I have turned the Windows firewall off. The servers are on the same IP subnet. I can ping the SQL server by name and address, remotely Login successfully using SQL management studio, and map a share to a drive. The SQL server is in Mixed Mode. I can telnet to port 1433 and login. The SQL server has TCP/IP enabled. Connections made by web sites - mostly ASP driven - connect normally. The Plesk console fails to connect with the following error -

Error: Test connection to the database server has failed because of network problems:

Get database server version failed: Login failed for user '????'.
(Error code 1)

Is mssql server is listed in server components? Also check the license of your plesk it needed to have mssql server as ON. Sometime license can cause this issues.

Yes it is listed in the server components. If your referring to MS SQL support being listed as 'on' in the License Management list then yes it is....I have other SQL servers that are listed and connected.

Back