• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Can not disable password protection

Momo

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
n/a
Plesk version and microupdate number
n/a
Hi All,

I would like to ask for your help if possible. I am quite new at the whole web site, WP Toolkit stuff so please bear with me.

I have a hosted website with a cPanel and the WP Toolkit. From the WP Toolkit i activated the Password protection for the entire site. All went well. I can access the site using the set password first.

But now i need to unprotect the site, so to get rid of the pop-up asking for user/pass. So i disabled that option but it still asks for a password. The only was i can get back to my site is if enable the password protection again.

1683385235421.png

Any ideas please?

And thank you for your time !

PS: sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but this was the only forum that talks about WP Toolkit i could find.

Thank you !

I'll try my luck there as search shows absolutely nothing on the subject.

I found the answer by messing around in the cPanel.. I'll post it here also in case anyone else has the same issue.

So using the check box in WPToolkit to remove password protection for the entire site was not working.

The solution was to go into cPanel, at Directory Privacy and look for the public_html/ folder. It had a lock on it still, even if the logs in WPToolkit said that password protection was disabled. I entered the directory and unckecked the protection.

That did the trick !

Thanks for the update, although not sure how useful it would be on here since this is for Plesk, not cPanel, it's handled differently.

Back