• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can not login to Plesk normal link, only with link generated via DigitalOcean

minhbkx

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.4.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
cant define, cant login to check
Hi all,

Normally I access to Plesk via link: https://178.128.xxx.xx8443:/smb/web/view
1. last few months most of the time I accessed then system said invalid password (screentshot). I didnt change password, after that sometime I can still access with the saved pass from browser.
2. Then many times I have to go to Digitalocean droplet console, use Plesk login command to generate a link for Plesk.

And now I cant use any of the above way to login to Plesk, it's even worse, when I login, it said invalid pass and then my sites became unaccesable???

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 5.42.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 5.42.22 PM.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 8
Unfortunately sometimes users have difficulties writing down the three essential things for login: hostname, loginname, password. If you enter a wrong password or a wrong loginname or the right credentials on a wrong hostname too often, Fail2Ban will block your IP for further connections to that host. In order to connect again, please use a different local IP address, e.g. reset your router or use a proxy service to connect through a different IP.

To get a current password reset link, you can login to the Linux console through SSH (your SSH root credentials are available through your data center) and enter the
# plesk login
command.

Unfortunately sometimes users have difficulties writing down the three essential things for login: hostname, loginname, password. If you enter a wrong password or a wrong loginname or the right credentials on a wrong hostname too often, Fail2Ban will block your IP for further connections to that host. In order to connect again, please use a different local IP address, e.g. reset your router or use a proxy service to connect through a different IP.

To get a current password reset link, you can login to the Linux console through SSH (your SSH root credentials are available through your data center) and enter the
# plesk login
command.
Thank you very much, I tried and it worked.

But I used saved login info from web browser, sometimes I can login, sometimes I cant. How to avoid using link from DigitalOcean each time?

I wouldn't save my passwords in the browser's password manager to begin with tbh (I use bitwarden myself).

Anyways, not sure what you mean by "link from DigitalOcean" unless you're talking about that boring-borgwhatever.plesk.page in which case that isn't DigitalOcean's, that's just something that plesk randomly generates for you under their plesk.page domain so you have a working domain to get to your panel with valid SSL certs. You can always go to Tools & Settings > Customize Plesk URL and change it to no custom URLs so you can only access it via server ip or hostname follow by the port (192.168.0.55:8443 for example), or one of the other 2 option, including setting your own panel URL (just make sure you have an A record set up for it to point to your server).

As for why the password doesn't work, that is really hard to say. If you have multiple plesk servers it might because you're getting the passwords mixed up, mistyping, whatever password you have saved in your browser is wrong or is pasting it incorrectly, etc. Too many factors but I highly doubt it is anything to do with plesk directly.

Back