• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Changing mail password changes the plesk access password too (same password) !!!?

kristobal1969

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10.13
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.56 Update #3
Hello,
On my server runing Debian 10.13 Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.56 Update #3, one of my customer changed his mail password and could not log in to plesk with his previous password.
When entering the new password of his mail account (he changed previously) he logged in.
We tested many times and we found that changing one or the other changes the two !!!
Very strange. Before that he had 2 different passwords (one for plesk login and the other for his mail).
It is like they are linked for no reason I can see.
Can anybody help solve this bug ? Is it a bug ?
Regards
Kris

It's just how it's designed (and it's bad that adding an email account also creates a plesk account unless you uncheck the box "Can be used to log in to Plesk")

Ok,
Thanks mow !
I am back after a blackout of the network here at work !!
I see that ok but is it possible to revert ?
I can see on a mail account that I can associate the email with plesk login (see screenshot) but I can not see how to de-associate once it is done for a particular mail account.
Here is the screenshot of a mail account that can be associated but nothing is available for an account already associated.
Thanks for you help
Kris

Attachments

• screenshot1.png
    screenshot1.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 5
I can see on a mail account that I can associate the email with plesk login (see screenshot) but I can not see how to de-associate once it is done for a particular mail account.
After a plesk user is created by the mail setup, it shows up in "Users" on the left side.
You would delete the plesk user there.

Back