• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question login url

Anaise

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Se Edition 18.0.58 Update #1
These probably are dumb questions but I have to ask so as to not stay dumb.

I got plesk as a digitalocean droplet. The only way I can get on plesk is through sudo plesk login link on terminal. Should I also be able to login with a username as password? Am I right in thinking this is the ONLY way to login and unless someone has access to my pc/ssh there's no other way to get in which makes my website "secure" in that department?

Is it possible to change plesk url generated by the terminal? Right now I have blabla.ipv4.plesk.page/login?secret=xyz. Just wanted it to be plesk.example.com/login?...

These probably are dumb questions but I have to ask so as to not stay dumb.

I got plesk as a digitalocean droplet. The only way I can get on plesk is through sudo plesk login link on terminal. Should I also be able to login with a username as password? Am I right in thinking this is the ONLY way to login and unless someone has access to my pc/ssh there's no other way to get in which makes my website "secure" in that department?

Is it possible to change plesk url generated by the terminal? Right now I have blabla.ipv4.plesk.page/login?secret=xyz. Just wanted it to be plesk.example.com/login?...
Of course accessing Plesk by sudo is not the only way to access it, as its not feasible !
You can add a alias or CNAME record for your own web site and map it to your default Plesk link that you got by your provider so that you can access your Plesk with your own domain name.
For e.g. if you got Plesk url from your provider say blabla.plesk123.com and your own domain name is say yourdomain456.com then add a CNAME record in your domain DNS and map it to blabla.plesk123.com and then you can access your Plesk at https://yourdomain456.com:8443

hope that help

Back