• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can not longer start plesk admin site...

F

FilipB

I get :

Unable to connect to database: saved admin password is incorrect. 0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\auto_prepend\auth.php3:56 psaerror(string "Unable to connect to database: saved admin password is incorrect.")

I've already tried the plesksrvclient.exe utilty but this utility say's also Can't connect to mysql database.

What can I do

Hey,

1. run '%plesk_bin%\plesksrvclient -get' to get your old Plesk password.
2. stop Plesk SQL service
3. run '%plesk_dir%\MySQL\bin\mysqld-nt --skip-grant-tables' command to allow unauthorized login to MySQL
4. login to MySQL with command '%plesk_dir%\MySQL\bin\mysql -uadmin mysql'
5. reset password with command 'update user set password=password('old_plesk_password') where user='admin';'
6. kill mysqld-nt process
7. start Plesk services.

That's all, good luck!

Hi,

Sorry, it was Plesk 7.0.x solution.
For Plesk 7.5.x it looks like this:

1. run '%plesk_bin%\plesksrvclient -get' to get your old Plesk password.
2. stop Plesk SQL service and MySQL service
3. Copy %plesk_dir%\Mysql\data\my.ini to c:\ and change '[PleskSQLServer]' inside it to '[mysqld]'
4. run '%plesk_dir%\MySQL\bin\mysqld-nt --skip-grant-tables --defaults-file=c:\my.ini' command to allow unauthorized login to MySQL
5. login to MySQL with command '%plesk_dir%\MySQL\bin\mysql -uadmin -P8306 mysql'
6. reset password with command 'update user set password=password('old_plesk_password') where user='admin';'
7. kill mysqld-nt process, delete c:\my.ini.
8. start Plesk services.

Hi,

thanks for your answer
everything goes fine until I try to login on mysql

I get :

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\MySQL\bin>mysql -uadmin mysql
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

What is the problem.... ?

Thanks VERRRRRRYYYYYY much

the second solution did the job fine !!

I get

[ERROR] mysqld-nt: unknown variable 'defaults-file=c:\my.ini'

Back