• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can not reach webmail subdomain on only one of my domains

DerFussi

New Pleskian
I have a new Centos Server running with Plesk 12.5.30. Meanwhile there are 7 domains running on it. Some domains use my own mailserver including roundcube webmail. They all are working finw when I type "webmail.<my-domain>.tld - all but just one.

I have configured this domain in advance ans last weekend i moved the domain to my server, like I did with the other domains as well. E-Mail service is enabled and works fine. My friend can use his customer login and add new addresses. I have roundcube webmail enabled.

But the "webmail" subdomain for just this domain name deosn't work. My browser shows "ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED". He has to use "webmail.<one-of-my-other-domains>.tld to use roundcube.

I have checked all config files for Apache and roundcube I found on my server and can't see any difference between the domains. The logfiles did not tell my anything that helped me. I have run this Plesk tool for rewriting all config files for a domain (i forgot the name)

I have no idea why this webmail-subdomain does not work. Any idea where i can start to solve this problem?

Try to use form search for phrase "ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED". You will see many discussions of this issue. I hope it will help.

Of course , I tried. I get only answers about how to create a subdomain. But it was nothing that really explains my problem..... I checked this forum as well as the www.

I used the Plesk > Domains > Email-Settings and activated changed "webmail" from "deactivated" to "roundcube"... nothing more. I did not setup any subdomains or sth else manually. After setting that option i can use "webmail.foo.bla" It worked fine for all my domains but not this one. Thats the strange thing.

It would be interesting how Plesk creates this subdomain and what files and settings will be changed. So i can try to find the problem.

Last edited:
This error tell you that the name can't be resolve.
Check if the webmail entry exists in your DNS server and that it points to the right place. (https://kb.plesk.com/en/118259)

As IgorG said, there's plenty of documentation about this.

Back