• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue can only create webmail certificates

deepnpisgah

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello,

I was having some problems with SSL certificates (a different thread) and for a single domain generated Let's Encrypt without a webmail certificate. I want to have all the domains with common certificate formats, e.g I choose webmail.example.com and www.example.com and example.com. I was prompted to add a certificate for webmail but wanted to just delete the old certificate and then generate a new one according to my preferred format. I 'turned off' the SSL for the domain and then deleted the certificate. The certificate is no longer in the certs directory, and plesk bin certificate --list -domain example.com shows no certificate. Checking plesk bin subscription --info example.com shows 'SSL/TLS support: Off' I have reloaded the configuration and restarted apache/nginx. curl -v -I Example Domain is not successful (mismatch of host) as it shows the SSL certificate of the main domain on the VPS. The problem is that in the UI the domain does not show that SSL is not configured (as it does for a new domain without any SSL configuration). If I try to install a new Let's Encrypt certificate the message on the page is
"
Your domain is not secured with a valid SSL/TLS сertificate. Order or install it to secure data transfer, credit card transactions, logins, and other personal information.
To secure your domain, order a new certificate from the list below or upload an already purchased certificate.
"
Then, choosing "Install a free basic certificate provided by Let's Encrypt" I only get the option to install the webmail certificate (that was missing originally).

If I go ahead then I only get a certificate for webmail and nothing else (as expected). I've tried deleting that and again requesting a new certificate and I again only get the option create webmail certificate.

I could not resolve the issue but found the command for cli to create certificate which works fine.

plesk bin extension --exec letsencrypt cli.php -d example.com -d www.example.com -d webmail.example.com -m [email protected]

That command nicely installed the certificate on the domain, which is actually easier than using the UI and having to click through all the choices.

Back