• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Can Plesk send a notification on WordPress Toolkit set installation?

FutureX

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.42 Update #1
I'm using WHMCS to to manage clients and Plesk to provision. I have a WordPress Toolkit Set that gets installed automatically. That all works great but there is no email notification sent to the client after the WordPress Toolkit Set is installed letting them know how to login to their new WordPress site with their login credentials.
Thanks!
FutureX

Hello, @FutureX!

For now, there is no separate notification from WPT about Set installation. But there should be a notification email from the WordPress itself about its successful installation.

Is such a notification from WordPress doesn't fit to your needs?

What I'm looking for is a way to send the user their login credentials when a site has been created after they've initially signed up. Right now in the WHMCS welcome email I add instructions on how to get to their WordPress login credentials but would be great to include all of that in an email.

Hi,

Not sure how you got on with this?

As mentioned by @vbelozerov, there would normally be an email sent by WordPress itself (not Plesk WP Toolkit). Do your users receive these emails?

The only other way to do it would be to write a BASH script that executes WP-CLI (via Plesk CLI) to do a password reset (wp user reset-password), then compose an email and send it. This could be triggered by a Plesk Event. (WordPress Installed).

Thanks for checking in! WordPress does send a separate email with the user credentials and that works for now. I wanted to be able to send those WordPress user credentials in the initial Hosting Welcome Email from WHMCS. Since that isn't possible I added the steps a user would take to find their WordPress login details from the WordPress Toolkit.
Thanks!

Back