• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can plesk use All Unassigned IP in IIS?

P

pboisso

I can't seem to find the way to make plesk working with All Unassigned IP address in IIS, it this possible at all?

The question is not quite understandable. Specify details of this request.

Instead of specifying an ip address for a domain, can we specify using "All the unassigned ip address".

I'm looking for the same answer since we are behind a hardware firewall which routes all the traffic from an external ip to an internal one (192.168.1.x). If we are able to create a site automaticly with the IP in IIS set to All Unassigned we can access the new domain directly (now we first have to set it on All unassigned manually).

No Plesk does not provide with such ability. Domain can be assigned only to one certain IP address.

Could you please then suggest to your devlopment team to work on makine Plesk NAT-friendly!

You can setup two IPs in the server pool (internal and external) and assign both to a client. Then when a site is setup, the DNS is set to the external IP and the physical hosting is set to the internal IP. I do this on my servers in a DMZ environment.

Wow, that's interesting, thank you very much for posting it! Will try it for sure.

Back