• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Can we create a letsencrypt certificate with multiple wildcards? e.g. *.domain.com *.domain.ch

Christian Alles

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm wondering is it possible to create a letsencrypt certificate that includes all subdomains of all domain aliases.

My Setup
domain.com
domain.ch (is alias of domain.com)

Creating a wildcard certificate with the letsencrypt extension will create a certificate for *.domain.com but only for domain.ch so each subdomain on ch-domain throws an certificate error.
Looking around the letsencrypt forum I found that theoretically it should be possible to have multiple wildcards like *.domain.com and *.domainn.ch in one certificate, but I'm completely at a loss how to achieve that.

I already tried working around this by creating domain.ch not as alias but as own subscription or website pointing to the same webroot but this way mail adresses and subdomains won't be aliased automatically and I would have to manually create and redirect them, which just isn't efficient.

Also I can't just redirect to the com-domain since some of our clients are quite picky about having the ch in the domain.
I also tried if it was possible to add those with the CLI and the --expand option, but either I'm using it the wrong way or it is not possible to add wildcard domains using the CLI.

Code:
plesk bin extension --exec letsencrypt cli.php -d domain.com -d *.domain.ch -d *.domain.de -d *.domain.at  --email [email protected] --expand

Maybe somebody knows how to do this using the CLI, the extension or certbot?

best regards
Christian

Back