• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can you safely upgrade to Plesk 7.5.4?

That's the million dollar question! SWsoft just released the FOURTH hotfix last week or so, so I'd say it might be safe for you to upgrade now that there have been 4 patches.

I have updated close to a hundred plesk servers to 7.5.4 without any problems! But, I have seem many people having problems at the same time.

I have updated close to a hundred plesk servers to 7.5.4 without any problems! But, I have seem many people having problems at the same time.
When did you do this? Also did you apply the latest patch?

I updated a couple boxes within a couple days of the 7.5.4 release and over the past couple months have updated the many more systems.

Yes, I have applied the hotfix4 without problems.

Originally posted by poke
I updated a couple boxes within a couple days of the 7.5.4 release and over the past couple months have updated the many more systems.
And ... you personally did not have any problem when you used the first version of 7.5.4?

I actually had a weird Site Builder issue on one of the first updates, but was able to fix it within an hour. Other than that, I had no issues.

I was really surprised as in the past plesk updates have been a nightmare. I do stick to the RH variants though which seem less buggy than Suse, Debian...

Updated 2 FreeBSD 4.11 servers from 7.5.2 to 7.5.4 (incl 5 hotfixes) and have been running with zero problems for about a few weeks now :)

It's okay!

Has anyone upgraded Plesk on RHE? If so, did you have any problem as you upgraded?

about half of my installations were under RHEL3 AS/ES and most of the others were RH variants, ie, fedora, centos

Originally posted by poke
about half of my installations were under RHEL3 AS/ES and most of the others were RH variants, ie, fedora, centos
I assume that some boxes were hosting JSP/Java applications powered by Tomcat that comes with Plesk. Is that correct? And also you personally did not experience any problem. Is that correct?

Can anyone advise as to how to update a FreeBSD 4.10 system running Plesk Reloaded v7.5.3 to the newest version? On the Plesk patches page, they show no patch to v7.5.4 for FreeBSD, but rather only hotfixes. Do the hotfixes also bring it up to v7.5.4, or do I need to do that separately?

Also, the Updater doesn't work because I am using FreeBSD v4.10 ... any advice?

thanks!

You need to download and upgrade to 7.5.4 first, then apply the 5 hotfixes to bring you to the latest build.

do you mean download the full 7.5.4 installer, as it will perform the upgrade needed from 7.5.3?

Back