• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Cannot add MySQL Database Server under Plesk 10.3

Jay Versluis

Regular Pleskian
Hello everyone ;-)

I've just rented a new Plesk 10.3 server and am setting it up. I've got another one running Plesk 9.3 and have added a separate MySQL database server with root details which worked fine. However under Plesk 10.3 the panel tells me my credentials aren't valid...

I've checked those and they do work fine, in fact they work just fine under Plesk 9.3 but not under 10.3.

What am I missing? Any help appreciated!

try to connect from your 10.3 machine with the mysqlclient to the databaseserver you try to add.
Code:
mysql -h IP_or_DNS_name -uroot -p
should prompt you for the password.

Maybe it helps. ;)

Ah, the plot thickens. That was a good call, GunFood!

Looks like my 10.3 machine doesn't allow me to connect - I get an "access denied" message even with correct details. I've checked my firewall too and even with all in and outgoing traffic allowed it doesn't seem to work.

As of this morning I'm using 10.4 on my new server, and Plesk 9.3 on the database server. My old web server also runs 9.3 and connects fine. Like so many things, this doesn't make sense to me...

I don't think the problem is the 10.3 machine. Maybe something is different (IP of outgoing connections ?) and the 9.3 firewall on the MySQL server allow only this address to connect.

Back