• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Cannot assign multiple databases to single user per your instructions

LionGate

New Pleskian
I am running Centos6 with Plesk 11 and I am trying to assign a single user to have access to multiple databases. I am following the instructions given here: http://kb.parallels.com/en/115783

When I run the command GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `newdb`.* TO 'olduser'@'%'; from the SQL tab in phpmyadmin, I am getting the following error:

#1044 - Access denied for user 'openemm2'@'%' to database 'openemm_cms'

openemm2 is the username I have assigned to this database -- why the error and what can I do about it?

#1044 - Access denied for user 'openemm2'@'%' to database 'openemm_cms'
The reason is right there ...

You need to login to MySQL as admin to execute those commands. You can do that via SHELL or navigate to system settings -> db management

How do you log into phpmyadmin as admin? Plesk only allows you to log in as the user assigned to the DB. I can't create a second user for this DB called admin, as I just get a message that says admin already exists.

Ahhh -- I see -- you have to go in through the server admin panel to get to those settings. Light bulb comes on.

Yes you gotta go through the server admin (wherein you see all the dbs in phpmyadmin)

Back