• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Cannot assign SSL Certificate to a domain

Joecooper

New Pleskian
I bought an SSL certificate from Comodo. In Plesk 12, I went to "Server > SSL Certificates" and created a new certificate request. The domain I entered was "www.mydomain.com". When I go "Websites & Domains > mydomain.com > Hosting Settings", I enable "SSL Support, and when I go to select the certificate, all I can see is the self signed certificate and the new one I created isn't in the list.

I suspect this is because the certificate is for "www.mydomain.com", but the domain is listed as "mydomain.com" on plesk, so perhaps it doesn't show as it doesn't match?

The SSL certificate is actually for both mydomain.com and www.mydomain.com

Any ideas?

Hi Joecooper,

pls. consider to go to "HOME > Subscriptions > YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > SSL/TLS Certificates" and add your certificate there. The certificate request file is not essential here, so you can skip it here and all your different *.pem - components can be downloaded from your serverwide certificate installation ( => Home > Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certificates ). ;)

Back