• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot change email address password in Plesk

G

gnorr001

Domain -> mydomain.com -> Mail Accounts -> [email protected]

I enter a new password, save it and it goes right back to the old password. Seriously, why is this happening. I am in a very tight deadline and this is really.

The old password is 6 digits ******
The new one is 12 digits. ************

When I save the new 12 digit password, it goes right back the old ****** password. WHHY!?!?

honestly I dont know to do this:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

I'm a front developer that got thrown into the whole system admin thing not by choice. I've used the Terminal (I'm just guessing thats what that is..SSH?) on my Mac but nothing too serious.

I was hoping the whole Plesk thing would act as GUI to all that stuff. Man, this is tough. Thanks anyway.

Yes you run that command in shell ( SSH )

Plesk does a great job with its GUI for the end users ( Customers ) however if you are the server administrator then you should be confortable with working in shell as you will need to use it often. Running security updates, Fixing Bugs etc

If you are not comfortable using shell then i would suggest hiring someone who is or switching to managed web hosting and that way you can not worry about it.

Back